DISRUPT, INNOVATE, REGENERATE AND TRANSFORM
The E&PDE 22 conference is taking place in unprecedented times as the global population faces many enormous challenges such as climate change, over-consumption, and stress on resources, increasing inequality and the Covid-19 pandemic. It is therefore timely to consider and discuss the professional and pedagogic role of design and engineering as agents for Disruption, Innovation, Regeneration and Transformation in response to these various challenges.
The conference aims to:
- • To share and improve design and education teaching and learning experiences
- • To develop educational concepts and strategies to help students and graduates to address current and future challenges
- • Provide a platform to engage a wide and diverse community of participants and explore the various themes from different perspectives
E&EPD22 will bring together industry, professionals and student across the engineering and product design sector to exchange knowledge and experience and explore themes such as:
- • design, engineering, innovation and change and implications in a wider context
- • design and engineering as agents of regeneration and transformation
- • design and engineering from alternative perspectives e.g. female, LGBGT+, etc. designers from developing countries and with different abilities etc.
- • the potential of interdisciplinary activities to foster creativity and innovation
- • the concept and implications of disruption in technology, business, behaviour and education
- • sustainable growth and working towards UN Sustainable Development Goals in a rapidly changing world
- • established, alternative and emerging educational paradigms to equip engineers and designers of the future
- • improving teaching and learning experiences in 3D design in virtual, real and hybrid environments
In keeping with the inclusive ethos of the E&PDE conference and to broaden the opportunities to link design and business with creativity and innovation, other stream proposals are welcomed. We invite you to send your ideas for other relevant topics to email@example.com.