About the venue
The conference is taking place in the Keyworth Centre building. The Keyworth Building is located on Keyworth Street, London SE1 6NG. It’s a 5 minute walk from Elephant and Castle tube station, for Bakerloo and Northern lines. Please see the map below.
Travel by public transport
You can travel to Southwark Campus by using public transport. The Bakerloo and Northern lines stop at Elephant & Castle underground station, which is right next to campus. The closest rail stations are Elephant & Castle, London Waterloo and London Bridge. There is also a number of bus stops around campus. Plan your journey using the Transport for London journey planner.
London South Bank University does not provide public parking space. There is a limited amount of parking in the area, so we strongly advise using public transport.
Dinner will take place at Skylon Restaurant at Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre. The venue is located 20-25 minute walk from the conference, at Belvedere Rd, Royal Festival Hall, London SE1 8XX. Please enter through private entrance (next to Royal Festival Hall side entrance).
Walk north-west on Keyworth St towards Thomas Doyle St, turn left onto Borough Rd. At St Georges Circus roundabout turn onto Waterloo Rd and walk straight towards the South Bank.
Local points of special interest to designers and design engineers
The following places are all within (approx 30 mins) walking distance.
Museums, galleries and exhibitions:
- Tower of London and Superbloom
- Tower Bridge (Book tickets for guided our on 11.09.2022)
- The London Eye
- The Shard
- Old Operating Theatre and Herb Garrett Museum
- The Garden Museum
- Tate Modern and Tate Britain
- Globe Theatre
- The Museum of Fashion and Textiles
- The Clink Prison Museum
- The Golden Hinde
Food and drinks:
- The Glad – Lant Street
- The George Inn – Borough High Street
- Mercato Metropolitano
- Borough Market
- Free events and a bar inside the Festival Hall and outside on Festival Hall Terrace at the weekend 10-11th September
- The Jamaica Wine House
Simple tube journeys:
- The Design Museum – Kensington High Street
- The V&A (Victoria and Albert Museum) – Exhibition Road, South Kensington
- Science Museum – Exhibition Road, South Kensington
- Natural History Museum – Cromwell Rd, South Kensington
- Brunel Museum in Rotherhithe – bus ride from New Kent Road
- National Maritime Museum – Greenwich – bus from New Kent Road / train from Waterloo East/ London Bridge